Monday, September 8, 2008

I could have lost a grown man......






Yep, that was my backyard until today. Honestly some of those weeds were over 8 feet. I'm surprised some feral animal wasn't living out there. You know, we have had some Big Foot sighting in this area. We found that out on Google Earth. ???
Anyway, they came in today and cleaned out all of those weeds and brought a truck full of very large rocks. That has a story and a picture of it's own that I will post later tonight or tomorrow morning.
Can I just say, that I am so excited at the thought of a landscaped backyard. So much less dust coming into my house! YAAAHHHH HOOOOOO!

9 comments:

Tori said...

Congrats on the yard. Actually we met in the library, but any time we saw each other it was either in the library or the bookstore.

Jen said...

Boy I am glad that you didn't have big foot back there. Scary.

Flea said...

Suh-weet! How on earth could you stand the yard like that? Wait ... never mind. Been there, done that. Excited to see the new yard!!!

Nancy said...

Oh it pains me to see that . . . mostly because our yard in WA looked about the same and it took us THREE years to finally get the thing done, and it is pure heaven when your kids can run around in their backyard on grass and not dust and weeds . . . and the reason it pains me is because I fear we will buy another house with an unlandscaped yard and it will be another three years before my little ones can run about prickle free. BUT, I am happy for your kids and I will also add, that there is nothing like the possibility of a bigfoot sighting to pique my kids enthusiasm so maybe I will use that to keep them happy if we are grassless for a time.

Karen said...

Oooh, the very thought of landscaping gets me all hot and bothered. I can't wait to see pictures!

Anonymous said...

You should have hollered sooner I could send you our goats!!!

orangemily said...

Wow!
I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Krista said...

I thought the feral animals lived INSIDE the house? Actually, I looked at the pictures and was thinking, "Where is that field she's photographing?" Once your sod is in, get your son to fertilize it for you!

Rhea said...

How exciting! You have so much space to work with...and with all those kids, you need them playing in a big backyard, so I'm glad you're doing this!