Tuesday, May 13, 2008

When I grow up...

Many days, there is the discussion about what my sweet, ambitious children want to be when they grow up. My oldest Leila, is the one who brings the topic up often. At six, she is so looking forwarded to being a mom. In fact, most days it is the only answer she will give you when asked what she wants to be when she grows up. It occurred to me the other day why that is. We were driving down the road and she was angry with me for not being willing to buy her a pair of shoes she wanted. She proceeded to tell me that, "When I grow up to be a Mom, I will do whatever I want!" I retorted, "Honey, we all do." Sometimes I forget how important it is to feel like you have some control of your life. For Leila, it is imperative for any sense of happiness. Maybe it is the case for all of us.

So here are some of my favorite answers heard for the question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?"

A Mom
Zoo Keeper
Shrek
Lion Trainer
A Chicken
A Train
Puss and Boots
Rocket Scientist
and my all time favorite..... A Circle

My we all achieve our greatest aspirations.

No comments: